This grade 10 Communication Technology course is an introduction to the exciting world of modern communications technology. Projects include graphic design for print and packaging, audio, short videos, computer-generated 3D animations, photography with an emphasis on composition and darkroom techniques, and webpage development.
1. All students are expected to be punctual and prepared for class. Notebooks are expected to be kept up to date and brought to class each day.
2. Regular attendance is mandatory. Absenteeism must be for legitimate reasons only and supported by a note or prior approval from the instructor for field trips and school events.
3. Equipment and lab safety rules must be observed at all times. Absolutely no food or drink is allowed in the lab.
4. Equipment, property and the rights of others must be treated with due respect.
Students are expected to co-operate at all times with the teacher and with each other.
5. Students are required to provide pens, pencils, pencil crayons, eraser, ruler and notebooks.
6. No weapons or replicas of weapons may be brought to school for use as props in performances for any reason. Students violating this rule will be subject to disciplinary action (ie. suspension, etc.) under the SCDSB related to the possession or use of weapons, firearms or replicas on school property.
Project Work 70%
Demonstration of ideas and skills utilizing appropriate
procedures and equipment safety.
Evidence of Planning
Final Evaluation 30%
This course introduces students to the service and maintenance of vehicles, aircraft,
and/or watercraft. Students will develop knowledge and skills related to the construction and operation of vehicle/craft systems and learn maintenance and repair techniques. Student projects may include the construction of a self-propelled vehicle or craft, engine service, tire/wheel service, electrical/battery service, and proper body care. Students will develop an awareness of related environmental and societal issues, and will explore secondary and postsecondary pathways leading to careers in the transportation industry.